3/13/2006

MCR, Fall Out Boy, The Assistant Principals, Paul Mahajan, and Organic Farming

I think this is the longest I've gone without a post. Most likely due to finals and Marissa making fun of my posts. = )

I got to hang out with my 10 year-old brother for a few days. He is awesome. He has just really started to get excited about rock n roll. It is so cool to watch. I gave him Black Flag's Damaged and the complete Minor Threat for Christmas. He digs it. He burned me My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy just the other day. Those albums are pretty awesome. I am glad he has those bands. It reminds me of Green Day, The Offspring, and Weezer from back when I was ten. It is really good to have popular rock bands that ten year olds can really get into. The popular rock bands of the last few years (The Strokes, White Stripes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc) are great but they definitely don't speak to ten year olds very well. Both the MCR and FOB albums are on their 3rd popular singles. That doesn't happen with rock anymore.

Started the recording process with The Assistant Principals. We are going to try to do about 4 songs. It is going to be awesome. It is exciting to hear songs out of the crappy sounding basements.

We are going in to NYC Wednesday night to talk with Paul Mahajan. He has engineered some amazing records including Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Fever To Tell, TV on the Radio, and The Liars. He heard us at Trash Bar and got in touch with us. The plan is to record 2 songs for a 7 inch release we are going to try to have out before the Summer Tour.

I'm working at the Cook Student Organic Farm this summer. It is going to rock. Early mornings and hard work but it is going to be SOO worth it. I've been over there twice already and it is really rewarding.
-Jarrett

2 comments:

Screaming Females said...

telemarketing is where its at.

Anonymous said...

hope everything works out with Paul. sounds rad.

I added the Rogers Sisters to the bill at Rutgers Gardens
xo
mark