8/07/2009

WEST COAST

Hey y'all! So we've been out on the west coast for about a week with our BFFs Shellshag. Things are a'rockin. We are playing venues we are much more accustomed to (ie not theaters with 2000+ a night). Having the normal old tour ups and downs. Been in Washington state for the last few dates. I love it here. They have great coffee everywhere. If I lived here I would probably lose my mind from caffeine induced anxiety. We got a preview of the new Shellshag album that will be coming out on Don Giovanni in February. Holy Shit! If it were possible I would say that everyone should preorder it off of listening to unmixed rough cuts alone. Well, save your pennies and get ready for the most beautiful songs you've ever heard. That's it for now I guess!

Oh yeah! We have some awesome shows in the NJ/NYC area when we get home.

Aug 29 - The Yard - Impose Party - Brooklyn, NY

Sept 1 - Mercury Lounge - New York, NY w/ Shellshag, You Without Teeth, Black Wine (ex-Ergs!, ex-Hunchback)
HERE for tickets to that one! - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/000042F6C0205DBD?artistid=1345874&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Sept 4 - Sac Auditorium - Stony Brook U - Stony Brook, NY

And look out for a sweet New Bruns basement show in mid-Sept with the best band eva, Dead Dog!
-jd

1 comment:

kubiak said...

(I am going to form this as a statement rather than as a question so as to not feel like I'm trying to force a response.)

I only recently heard of Screaming Females, and I hope that I will get a chance to see them play down here in NC. Preferably the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area.

Power Move is an awesome CD, btw.